Dear Friend of Farmers Helping Farmers –
We hope you have been able to take part in our 35th Anniversary Celebrations so far this year. Here are some of the highlights :
- We hosted a standing-room only performance of the African Children’s Choir in June
- In July, 10 P.E.I. youth travelled to Kenya as part of the Youth Tour 2015. The trip was a huge success for both the visitors and the Kenyan hosts.
- The Annual FHF Beef Barbeque at Harrington was our biggest yet!
- For the first time, Farmers Helping Farmers entered a float in the Gold Cup and Saucer Parade and we were warmly applauded along the route.
- Farmers Helping Farmers is a partner in two new and exciting projects in Kenya, in partnership with Vets Without Borders-Canada and the University of Prince Edward Island.
And there is more to come – including our Fall Anniversary Celebration at the Farm Centre in Charlottetown on Thursday October 29th. More details below.
It has been a year of great celebration and as we reach this milestone we are reaching out to past members and supporters to renew their commitment to our organization.
Your membership dollars make it possible for us to do our work in Kenya.
Memberships are $20 per year/$10 for students or 5 years for $90.
If you have not already, we hope you will consider an annual membership with Farmers Helping Farmers. We would also ask you to help spread the word to other potential supporters of our work. Please pass along this email to friends and family, co-workers and anyone else you think may like to join our group.
It is easy to join. Click here to fill out a membership form. https://www.farmershelpingfarmers.ca/membership_application
You can then send us a cheque. Or click on the Donate button to go to Canada Helps.
Farmers Helping Farmers has accomplished a great deal in 35 years. By joining as a member, you are part of the future. There is much more to be done. We hope you will join now.
Rosemary Herbert – President of Farmers Helping Farmers
Here are some upcoming Farmers Helping Farmers fundraisers and other events to mark on your calendar :
- Saturday September 26th -Three Oaks Farmers Helping Farmers 10Mile and 5Mile Run. Registration is at 8 :00 a.m. at the Three Oaks CTEC building on McEwen Road. Fee is $15.
- Friday October 2nd, Saturday October 3rd and Sunday October 4th - The Fall Harvest Lunches hosted by Chef Emily Wells. From noon until 4:00 p.m. at The Mill in New Glasgow, 5592 Route 13. The three-course luncheons are $25/person including tea or coffee. Reservations are recommended -- to book, please call 902.964.3313.
- Sunday October 4th - Feast for Education in support of Farmers Helping Farmers at Shipwright’s Café in Margate, hosted by Chefs Calvin Burt and Bev Campbell. There will be two sittings at 4 :00 and 6 :00 p.m. The menu features a free range roast chicken dinner with all the fixings. The event is held in association with the Southwest River United Church Youth, who are twinned with Marinya School in Kenya. Tickets are $30 and you can reserve a spot by calling Shipwright's Cafe at 902-836-3403
- Saturday October 3rd - Fun Run for Kenya - 5 km Run and 2 km Walk beginning at 9:00 a.m. The route is along the Confederation Trail from Victoria Street towards and the Blue Shank Road and back. Registrations is $10 per person or $20 per family. This is the 2nd year for the Fun Run for Kenya. For more information, please contact Lianne Murray at 902-836-4774 or Mike Pasatieri at 902-836-3134.
- Thursday October 29th – Farmers Helping Farmers 35th Anniversary Fall Celebration at the Farm Centre in Charlottetown
- 6:30 Supper - Kenyan meal is $10 and must be paid for in advance. Mix and mingle.
- 7:00-8:30 Annual awards and special awards celebrating 35 years of Farmers Helping Farmers. And cake!
- Our annual Farmers Helping Farmers Fundraising Campaign will begin in November. Watch for flyers in your mailbox or on our website.
- Until December 31st - Lights for Kenya 2015 – Purchase a solar lamp for a family in Kenya for $35 in celebration of 35 years of Farmers Helping Farmers.
For more information, please visit our website : www.farmershelpingfarmers.ca and follow us on Facebook. We are @FarmersHelping on Twitter.
You can contact us by email at : email@example.com